Malcolm Wicks Mp 'What Ministers Do'


Malcolm Wicks
We are delighted that Malcolm Wicks has written a slice for PQ, due to endure published inwards lawsuit 83 3. In it he highlights the role of the government minister along amongst the ups as well as the downs of parliamentary life. You tin read Malcolm's insightful as well as fascinating article here.

He starts: "Having been a government minister inwards 3 unlike departments for a stream of over nine years (1999–2008), during the Blair and, briefly, the Brown governments, I idea it mightiness endure useful to reverberate on what ministers truly do, their functions as well as how they pass their days. In thinking nigh what I did every mo a minister, I accept avoided going dorsum to roughly of the classic constitutional texts on what ministers supposedly do, how they are accountable as well as such like. I am certain at that topographic point is proficient literature on this from political scientists as well as constitutionalists, only I accept avoided influencing my ain views as well as approach past times consulting these texts."


Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close