Serious Troubles Afoot

     Incredibly, Amazon is disputing my rights to i of my books. Here’s the e-mail I received:

Hello,

     Thank y'all for publishing amongst Amazon. Copyright is of import to us – nosotros desire to brand certain that no writer or other copyright holder has his or her books sold past times anyone else. To let on your book, delight respond amongst documentation confirming your publishing rights inside 4 days:

     Love In The Time Of Cinema past times Francis Porretto (AUTHOR) (ID: PRI-CXTSTTECFD9)
     Examples of documentation nosotros cannot convey are:

     - Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 personal contestation past times y'all that y'all possess got the publishing rights
     - Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 copyright application for which registration has non been confirmed
     - Contracts that possess got non been signed past times all parties

     Examples of acceptable documentation are:

     - If y'all are the writer in addition to y'all are republishing your majority afterward your publication rights possess got been reverted to you, a signed reversion missive of the alphabet from your old publisher
     - Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 signed contract betwixt y'all in addition to the writer granting y'all the rights to let on the majority inwards the territories, languages in addition to formats y'all possess got selected
     - An e-mail from the address listed on the author’s (or their agent’s) official website confirming that y'all possess got the rights to let on their majority inwards the territories, languages in addition to formats y'all possess got selected

     If y'all let on books for which y'all create non agree the publishing rights, your trouble organization human relationship may move terminated.

Best regards,

Amazon KDP

     I’m at a loss here. No i but Amazon’s Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) has e'er issued Love inwards the Time of Cinema. To the best of my knowledge, no i else is claiming to move its author.

     Here’s my reply to the e-mail above:

Dear Sirs in addition to Madames at Amazon,

     I don’t empathise the argue for this demand. I am both the writer in addition to the publisher of Love inwards the Time of Cinema. Why is in that place whatever inquiry virtually that? Has someone else claimed that the majority belongs to him?

     I run several websites, all of them on Google’s Blogger system:
     http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com – My full general commentary website.
     http://fwporretto.blogspot.com – If I possess got an “author’s official website,” I suppose this would move it, fifty-fifty though it doesn’t total to much.
     http://face-press.blogspot.com/ -- This i is simply a “vanity press” I invented myself.

     But at no fourth dimension has anyone other than myself published whatever of my books. Indeed, at this time, all of them are available strictly through Amazon!

     Is it possible that there’s about confusion because I don’t consistently purpose my middle initial? Some of my books seem nether Francis Porretto, in addition to about nether Francis W. Porretto. But both of those are the same individual: me!

     Please allow me know what other information y'all ask to resolve this, equally I am totally theme on Amazon for the sale of my books, including Love inwards the Time of Cinema.

Sincerely,
Francis W. Porretto

     Can anyone offering whatever insight? Any remedy?

Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close